Thursday, October 4, 2012

Once Again it's Photography Season in Miami...

Let's hope things are finally back to "normal".

For the 5 years I've been a Miami photographer I've heard from other photographers, producers, photo suppliers, stylists, photo assistants, and art directors that the glory days of location photography in Miami are dead and gone.

Since my arrival was in sync with the economic downturn (the culprit) I have no personal experience with these so called "glory days". In fact, since my first year working as a photographer in Miami the overall situation seems to get better each time the season rolls around. I guess when you start at the bottom there's nowhere to go but up.

The Fall/Winter season of 2012 is upon us and I have a feeling it's going to be the best season for Miami photographers (and everyone else in the production industry) in years. Though the beaches may never again have the photo traffic they once had in the 80's and 90's, producers in Miami are realizing that this city is growing and has a lot more to offer than the typical fashion catalog shoot for the upcoming Summer collection.   

With movie productions such as Michael Bay's Pain and Gain (starring Mark Wahlberg and The Rock), Iron Man 3 (starring Robert Downey Jr.), and Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters currently filming in Miami and around South FL it seems local production crews and talent should have plenty of opportunity.

Here's to hoping the buzz around Miami carries over the the still production side and into the Winter season!

 

3 comments:

  1. Really, nice collection of pictures!
    I appreciate this blog. This is one of my favorite blog which I feel long time.
    Thank you for sharing your thoughts about photography.
    Miami photography

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Blog Thanks for sharing with us. Get the best Commercial Photographer in Miami at very low prices by Pinnacle Real Estate Marketing.

    ReplyDelete